Join the Podcast Ally Team
Account Coordinator: Podcast PR
Remote position, Part-time
Our specialized PR agency is seeking a part-time account coordinator to support our clients in entrepreneurship, personal development, creativity, spirituality and wellness verticals.
If you’re a go-getter that loves trendwatching, writing media-worthy headlines and is looking to develop a career in media relations, this is a great opportunity for you. You would be working closely with our founder, a 17-year PR veteran, as well as our small account team, doing media research and drafting up podcast pitches. As you progress in your skills and development, you will have the opportunity to pitch and interact with podcasters, as well.
This is a part-time position of 10-15 hours a week.
About this Job
Our account coordinator role is our own version of a PR internship. However, unlike many internships, you will work on helping us achieve meaningful client results and your will be paid. Build your portfolio, get training and have the trill of seeing the fruits of your effort — it’s a great role! Responsibilities include:
- Drafting basic PR materials, including client bios and media pitches
- Researching podcast opportunities and creating podcast outreach lists
- Light database management by keeping the records for the podcasts you work with up-to-date
- Conducting email outreach to podcasts
- Fielding incoming media opportunities on behalf of clients
- Developing interview prep documents for clients
- Researching, outlining and writing blog posts and contribution articles
- Following and refining established procedures and best practices
Your Experience Should Include
- College coursework or equivalent experience in a related field
- Basic understanding of what makes for a good media angle
- Experience and talent for writing headlines
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Self-starting, highly motivated
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to go with the flow as media opportunities come through
- Copywriting and social media skills are a bonus!
Compensation Range: $12-$14 an hour
About our Company
Podcast Ally is a micro agency that matches business owners, authors and thought leaders with podcasts who are facilitating deep conversations with engaged audiences.
The company started as a solo consultancy, but as demand for our work has grown, we’re thoughtfully expanding.
Brigitte Lyons founded Podcast Ally after a long career in PR, when she realized that podcasts are the most influential media platform for leaders who want to have a deeper conversation about their work.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and you would be joining a small, diverse team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Key Benefits of Working at Podcast Ally
- We are a fully remote, distributed team. Because we are remote-first, you will never be the odd-person out working from home
- Work only during working hours. Brigitte’s background is in public affairs and crisis communications, and one of her main drivers in founding her own company was to create a saner, more humane agency environment. We actively discourage emailing clients or your team after work hours, and we don’t take work with us on vacation!
- Let your expertise shine. We work hard to eliminate distractions and busywork from your day, so you can do the work that you do best, and celebrate your wins!