Join the Podcast Ally Team
Podcast Outreach Specialist
Remote position, Full and Part-time Positions Available
Podcast Ally is seeking to grow our account teams supporting clients in entrepreneurship, personal development, creativity, spirituality and wellness verticals.
We are a unique PR agency, based on our founder’s belief that you can get amazing results for clients without sacrificing your personal life or your sanity. This position is ideal for a self-starter who would love to spend their workday tracking industry trends, whipping up story angles and nurturing relationships with podcasters.
About this Job
While pitching podcasts and lining up guest appearances for our agency’s clients is your #1 priority, you will also be responsible for:
- Proactively identifying podcasts that might want to interview our clients. We have a database of 1,000+ podcasts, which you can use to find places to fit, and you will also be expected to research new shows
- Developing a strong understanding of the podcast market you work in, so you can better identify pain points and content needs of the podcasts our clients most to be booked on
- Supporting a client load of 4-6 clients. We streamline outreach, meaning that you can pitch more than one client at a time. Strong project management skills and being able to quickly identify good pitch angles is a must-have skill for this role
- Nurturing relationships with podcasters and responding to any incoming requests quickly and graciously
- Creating and delivering weekly client reports; tracking progress against established goals
Your Experience Should Include
- 3+ years working either in media relations, journalism or in a podcast booking or production capacity
- Experience and ease in developing pitch angles and building relationships virtually
- A knack for trendspotting and a genuine curiosity you bring to any project you’re working on
- Amazing follow-through and strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to swerve around obstacles
Compensation Range: $20-$30 an hour, commensurate with experience
We offer this role as a part- or full-time position, but you must be available at least 20 hours a week. We have a standing staff meeting on Mondays at 3 pm ET that you will be expected to participate in, but beyond that, your schedule is negotiable within the hours of 9-5 pm ET.
About our Company
Podcast Ally is a micro agency that matches business owners, authors and thought leaders with podcasts who are facilitating deep conversations with engaged audiences.
The company started as a solo consultancy, but as demand for our work has grown, we’re thoughtfully expanding.
Brigitte Lyons founded Podcast Ally after a long career in PR, when she realized that podcasts are the most influential media platform for leaders who want to have a deeper conversation about their work.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and you would be joining a small, diverse team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Key Benefits of Working at Podcast Ally
- We are a fully remote, distributed team. Because we are remote-first, you will never be the odd-person out working from home
- Work only during working hours. Brigitte’s background is in public affairs and crisis communications, and one of her main drivers in founding her own company was to create a saner, more humane agency environment. We actively discourage emailing clients or your team after work hours, and we don’t take work with us on vacation!
- Paid time off. All full- and part-time employees are eligible for sick time and PTO
- Let your expertise shine. We work hard to eliminate distractions and busywork from your day, so you can do the work that you do best, and celebrate your wins!