Join the Podcast Ally Team
Remote position, Part-time
Podcast Ally is seeking a team lead, who will bring your considerable experience working with top-tier podcasts to help our core account team maintain and expand their expertise in podcast outreach.
We are a unique agency in the podcast booking space, based on our founder’s belief that you can get amazing results for clients without sacrificing your personal life or your sanity.
Podcast Ally started out as a full-service PR agency, led by PR veteran Brigitte Lyons, and we first saw the potential in podcasts 6 years ago, when we booked a client on the top marketing podcast Entrepreneurs on Fire. We have been honing our expertise in this area ever since, and now we’re looking to take our work to the next level with the help of someone whose core role is to help the pitch team do the best work possible.
About this Job
We are seeking a podcast insider, who can uplevel our pitch team by providing high-level guidance and insight, not to mention hands-on editing and feedback to client outreach plans and specialized podcast pitches.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Review client outreach plans and provide behind-the-scenes guidance to the project lead. In other words, you will be the second set of eyes that helps our project team see what’s missing, what can be improved upon and what really works in their podcast outreach plans
- Provide strategic guidance and be a sounding board for our project leads when they need a brainstorming partner for breaking into a hard-to-get podcast
- Work with the CEO to assign incoming projects
- Spearhead recruiting and new team member onboarding
- In partnership with CEO, create and organize team training resources and identify conferences (post-Covid) and other professional development opportunities for staff
- Assist CEO with producing client resource library
- Identify opportunities to enhance relationships with the podcasts we work with and clients
Your experience and skill sets should include:
- 2+ years experience working as a producer or talent booker with an interview-based podcast. PR professionals or experienced podcast bookers will be considered, but priority will be given to candidates who have worked inside a top-tier podcast or broadcast program
- Exceptional editing abilities
- The desire to coach team members to improve their writing skills and pitches. You are someone who gets as much pleasure seeing someone you’ve trained or mentored succeed as you get from your own accomplishments
- Experience and ease building relationships virtually
- A knack for trendspotting and a genuine curiosity you bring to any project you’re working on
- Amazing follow-through and strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to swerve around obstacles
Compensation Range: $30-$35 an hour, commensurate with experience
While the rest of our team are classified as employees, we understand that you may want to continue working on other creative projects, including producing podcasts! We are open to working with you to determine the best arrangement. The pay range assumes you will be classified as an employee; if you prefer a contract position, please note that and your contract rate in your application.
You can expect to work with Podcast Ally 70 hours a month to start. We work hard to develop growth paths for all team members who want them.
About our Company
Podcast Ally is a micro agency that matches business owners, authors and thought leaders with podcasts who are facilitating deep conversations with engaged audiences.
The company started as a solo consultancy, but as demand for our work has grown, we’re thoughtfully expanding.
Brigitte Lyons founded Podcast Ally after a long career in PR, when she realized that podcasts are the most influential media platform for leaders who want to have a deeper conversation about their work.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and you would be joining a small, diverse team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Key Benefits of Working at Podcast Ally
- We are a fully remote, distributed team. Because we are remote-first, you will never be the odd-person out working from home
- Work only during working hours. Brigitte’s background is in public affairs and crisis communications, and one of her main drivers in founding her own company was to create a saner, more humane agency environment. We actively discourage emailing clients or your team after work hours, and we don’t take work with us on vacation!
- Set your own schedule: While we do request that you are available to work with the team during business hours (9 am – 5 pm ET), as a part-time team member, you will set your own schedule.
- Paid time off for all team members: All employees of the company are eligible for PTO and sick time, including part-time team members.
- Let your expertise shine. We work hard to eliminate distractions and busywork from your day, so you can do the work that you do best, and celebrate your wins!